The Duet 3 Expansion 1HCL Board is a CAN-FD connected expansion board engineered to offer a high-current stepper motor driver and a host of interfaces for position feedback. The Duet 3 Expansion 1HCL Board has a variety of peripheral inputs and outputs, fulfilling numerous functions such as motor temperature monitoring, brake control, and axis endstop.
Connection to the Duet 3 CAN-FD bus is established via RJ11 connectors, compatible with the Duet 3 Mainboard 6HC, Duet 3 Expansion Boards, and the Tool Distribution Board. The Duet 3 Expansion 1HCL Boards can be linked in a daisy chain arrangement on the bus, while power up to 48V can be locally managed. This ingenious design facilitates the construction of extremely large machines without imposing significant wiring complexity or compromising signal integrity.
The main features of the Duet 3 Expansion 1HCL Board are:
- ARM Cortex-M4F microcontroller running at 120MHz
- 1 x TMC2160A stepper driver: SPI controlled, can be run in open loop or closed loop mode. Maximum motor current 6.3A peak per phase (4.45A RMS)
- 2 x Medium-current (2.5A max recommended) outputs at VIN or VBRAKE voltage with PWM capability and built-in flyback diodes. Optionally provide VBRAKE at a different voltage from VIN to allow, for example, to run the stepper motor at 48V and the brake at 24V. Note the flyback diodes are connected to the voltage being used (VBRAKE or VIN as selected)
- 2 x PWM Outputs (3mA Max)
- 2 x Digital Inputs
- 1 x Thermistor / PT1000 input for motor temperature monitoring
What you will be getting
- 1 x Duet 3 Expansion Board 1HCL
- 1 x Duet 3 Expansion Board 1HCL Connector Pack
CAN-FD Cable is not included. A “ADSL 2+ High Speed Broadband Modem Cable RJ11” is recommended.