The Duet 3 Magnetic Encoder is a precision motor encoder designed for compatibility with the Duet 3 Expansion Board 1HCL. It uses a Hall effect sensor to detect the rotation of a diametrically magnetised disc magnet attached to the motor shaft, providing precise sensing of motor position and rotation.
- 14 Bit On-Axis Magnetic Rotary Sensor
- 14500 Maximum RPM
- SPI output for communication with a Duet 3 Expansion Board 1HCL
- 3.3V Operation (Can be modified for 5V Operation)
- Compatible with most NEMA17 Stepper Motors. The exposed shaft at the back of the NEMA17 Stepper Motor should sit no lower than 3.5mm from the back of the NEMA17 Stepper Motor
- An adaptor plate would be needed to use the Duet 3 Magnetic Encoder with other sizes of Stepper Motors.
What you will be getting
- 1 x Duet 3 Magnetic Encoder
- 1 x Magnet
- 1 x 10 Way 150mm Ribbon Cable
The screws on the back of the NEMA17 Stepper Motor will normally not be long enough to mount the magnetic encoder. The length depends on the model of NEMA17 Stepper Motor, therefore no screws are supplied with the magnetic encoder.