The TMC2130 range of stepper drivers are the latest and greatest stepper motor driver on the block. The TMC2130 stepper motor driver is packed full of the latest features.
StealthChop for quiet stepper motor operation, TMC2130 StealthChop uses PWM voltage instead of current, this means nearly inaudible stepping.
SpeadCycle, for optimized motor current control, adjusts the length of the phases to increase maximum current (May slightly increase motor noise).
CoolStep, reduces driver efficiency, thus reducing driver temperature, it helps to avoid stalls and step loss.
StallGuard, sensorless stall detection, this enables sensorless homing, thus reducing components on your machine.
- Compatible with StepStick and Pololu A4988
- Drive up to 1.2A (RMS) continuous coil current
- Step/Dir interface with microstep interpolation (up to 256 microsteps)
- Configuration via CFG pins or SPI Interface
- Motor supply voltage: 5.5 – 45V
- Logic supply voltage: 3.3 – 5V (Choose the option)
- Components on the bottom for better heat dissipation
- StealthChop, SpreadCycle, CoolStep, & Stall Guard
The TMC2130s are available in three versions. Unsoldered, pins need to be soldered onto the driver by the user. Soldered, standard config, pins are pre-soldered onto the board ready for plug and play compatibility with A4988/DRV8825. SPI Soldered, these are soldered ready to interface with SPI for configuration. Note SPI are not watterott, but Staticboards.
Heatsinks for supercool operation can be purchased here: https://ooznest.co.uk/product/stepper-motor-driver-heatsink/