Cutting Plastic on your CNC Machine requires a specialist type of end mill to get the best possible quality, speed and accuracy of your project. Amana Tool Spektra coated Single – O – Flute end mills pull chips away from your material, allowing you to achieve precision and depth for any plastic carving and machining process.
Amana tools end mills only use the highest quality sub-micron grain carbide. The manufacturing process of Amana endmills takes advantage of a manufacturing process which provides both accuracy and detail along with a razor-sharp cutting edge. This will result in clean cuts, excellent cut and surface finish, and most importantly longer tool life.
These Plastic cutting endmills from Amana Tools have productivity in mind. The Amana Tool Spektra endmills provide a much harder cutting edge over standard carbide, increasing tool life. It also has the added benefit of better chip evacuation by reducing the build-up of chips inside the flutes ejecting the chips away and increasing your feed rates bringing down machining time.
Use this End Mill to cut
- Acetal and Nylon
- Acrylic Stone
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Coroplast® *
- Corrugated Plastics such as Correx Boards and Polypropylene
- Extruded Acrylic
- Foam Board
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Sign Foam
- Sintra PVC
- Gatorfoam® **
- Hard Plastic
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Density Urethane (HDU Board)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) for digital printing
- Hydroxy-Terminated Polyether (HTPE)
- King ColorCore® ***
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- StarBoard® (King StarBoard ‘R’) High Density Polyethylene Sheet (HDPE)
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Mechanical / Engineered Plastics
- Perspex® Cast Acrylic Sheet
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol-Modified (PETG / PET-G)
- Polyoxymethylene (POM), also known as Acetal, Polyacetal and Polyformaldehyde
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- Solid Surfaces
- Trespa® Meteon®****
Choosing the end mill for you
The table below shows the sizes available in our Amana Tool Plastic line of end mills. We stock the Up Cut versions in 1/4″ to 1/16th.
|Cut Diameter (D)||Shank Diameter (d)||Cut Length (L)||Bit Length (BL)|
|1/4″ (6.35mm)||1/4″ (6.35mm)||0.75″ (19.05mm)||2.5″ (63.5mm)|
|1/8″ (3.175mm)||1/8″ (3.175mm)||0.5″ (12.7mm)||2.0″ (50.8mm)|
|1/16″ (1.587mm)||1/8″ (3.175mm)||0.25″ (6.35mm)||2.0″ (50.8mm)|
ATTENTION! 51415-K reduce RPM & Feed Rates (IPM) by 30-50% to prevent tool breakage due to extremely small diameter (D). These bits are high finish (not mirror finish due to small diameter).
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo® nanocomposite coating will not wear off.
Maximum RPM: 35,000