The TMC2208 range of stepper drivers are the latest and greatest stepper motor driver on the block. The TMC2208 stepper motor driver is packed full of the latest features. StealthChop2 for quiet stepper motor operation, TMC2208 StealthChop2 uses PWM voltage instead of current, this means nearly inaudible stepping. SpeadCycle, for optimized motor current control, adjusts the length of the phases to increase maximum current (May slightly increase motor noise). The TMC2208 are configurable through the CFG pins or using UART.
- Compatible with StepStick and Pololu A4988
- Drive up to 1.2A (RMS) continuous coil current
- Step/Dir interface with microstep interpolation (up to 256 microsteps)
- Configuration via CFG pins or UART.
- Motor supply voltage: 5.5 – 45V
- Logic supply voltage: 3.3V – 5V (Choose the option)
- Components on the bottom for better heat dissipation
- StealthChop2 & SpreadCycle
The TMC2208s are available in two versions. Unsoldered, pins need to be soldered onto the driver by the user. Soldered, pins are pre-soldered onto the board ready for plug and play compatibility with A4988/DRV8825.
Heatsinks for supercool operation can be purchased here: https://ooznest.co.uk/product/stepper-motor-driver-heatsink/