The Duet 3 Tool Board is an expansion board for the Duet 3 Mainboard that connects to the Duet 3 using CAN-FD. The Tool Board is designed for complete control over a direct drive extruder. Holes and Connectors are in positions to match an e3d Hermera, however, it can be used with other extruders with a suitable bracket.
Stepper Motor, Heater, Thermistor, Fans, Z-Probe, Filament Monitor, all connect to the Duet 3 Toolboard. This leaves just a CAN-FD cable and power wires going back to the Duet 3, or Duet 3 Tool Distribution Board.
The main features of the Duet 3 Tool Board are:
- 32 Bit ARM Cortex M0+ 48MHz Processor
- High Capacity Trinamic 2209 Stepper Motor Drivers. 1.1A RMS Current running at 1.6A peak. Full firmware control including 256 Microstepping, StallGuard 2, and StealthChop 2.
- 2 x 2 Wire Fan Outputs, or 1 x 3 Wire + 1 x 4 Wire Fan.
- 2 x Thermistor / PT1000 inputs.
- 1 x Z-Probe Connector
- 1 x 3-Pin Filament Monitor Connector
- 12 – 32V Input
Duet 3 Tool Board Connector pack is included by default.
CAN-FD Cable is not included. A “ADSL 2+ High Speed Broadband Modem Cable RJ11” is recommended.
WHAT YOU WILL BE GETTING
- 1 x Duet 3 Toolboard 1LC
- 1 x Connector Pack*
* CAN-FD is not included.